Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Changed man

Scanning oneself in the mirror,
Scanning from head to toe,
For blemishes and asymmetry,
For scars and imperfect shapes,
Dissatisfied with what he sees on the other side,
Dissatisfied with what they see on his side,
Always wishing, always hoping,
Always asking, always wondering
Why God could not have delivered better,
Why God could not had been kinder,
With everything He has made beautiful,
With everything prettier than everything else.


Growing up, I have always had image issues. People always told me I was never going to be good enough. Comparison was a game I played every minute of every day.

Looking back, it's encouraging to see how much I have grown. I was cleaning my room the other day and came across this poem I had written for my Creative Writing class three years ago. Now I have a new motto.


There my reflection I still see,
But no longer just pity old me,
True, I am not perfect, I still have my flaws,
But I now live not under others' inconsistent laws.
How I am today really might not be that different,
But God told me, "In your weakness, I AM sufficient."
Not because of what I have done, or have ever tried to be,
But because of the fact that Jesus died for me.
I sometimes still look at the blemishes and asymmetry,
But He reminds, "my son, you are made fearfully and wonderfully"
How can I not praise and sing and praise again,
But of the majestic and how great His Name,
For who else can save me from my sin?
But in Jesus Name, I choose to surrender in.




No comments:

Post a Comment